JP Meeting Minutes
In attendance: Gabriela, Lauren, Hanny, Jenny P., Meghan, Lea, Bryce
@MIT: Julia, Jenny W.
- Lea - resource available at MIT if your department is a “member.” Should APO look into making WHOI a member department? Would students find this useful? Would involved a monetary commitment. They offer help with reading/speaking/presentations/writing etc.
- Julia commented that Course 1 has been trying to start an environment related communications group. There are also a few options for general writing/presentation help as well as something offered through the bio dept at MIT but it’s hard to find out about. Julia will look into it.
- Everyone okay with how the funding applications are being handled (via email) - Yes
- Doodles for meeting times - will revise with less options perhaps? - Gabi though then you might need a follow up doodle.
- Probably current strategy is okay even if its a lot of clicking.
- The $200 funds per department need to the used by the end of the year.
- RFPs need to be turned in by Dec 20 for those to Lea/APO
- Send receipts by Thurs (Dec 17) to Julia for MIT based funds. Currently pending:
- - Thanksgiving Potluck
- - Latin American Party
- UI Fund receipts go to Julia otherwise receipts go to Lea
- Dates - Alexis fisher has expressed concern over personal conflict would like to be notified once dates are decided.
- $200 allocated for each department and for each year to have a social
- approved SWMS and thesis writing workshop
- continuing MIT social hours monthly
- Make a sign for JP Student Center asking students to clean and put away dishes
- Get a new sponge
- Meghan- Idea for student seminar series, can apply for funding for it
- Bryce- pretty standard may come around later to ask students for information